2004-12-24 - Christmas in Madisonville -With SNOW! (27 pics)

This forum is for sharing the photographs I take of Conner, Zach, Anita, me and other family members, or any other things I take pictures of, I suppose.

2004-12-24 - Christmas in Madisonville -With SNOW! (27 pics)

Postby brad on Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:18 pm

It's been awhile since I've posted any pictures, and instead of starting from where I left off, I thought I would instead just post some of the recent photos. This is part 1 of the pictures I have from our time in Madisonville over christmas. Through snow, ice, piercing cold, and blackouts all, we made it to Madisonville in about 5 hours from Nashville. It was a scary, crazy, undeniably adventurous trip that I never wish to repeat in my lifetime.

However, the snow was really fun! And snow we had. Have a look and see!

Ashley and Dad trying to shovel out my car so we have at least a vehicle that can drive somewhere.

Conner ready to go play in the snow

Conner out in the snow

The sled left behind. Lonely, lonely sled.

The front of the house.

View looking down McPherson in front of my parent's house

View looking the other way down the street. Notice directly below me and to my left is the entrance to the driveway.. the one I would shovel the following day. The one that would try to kill me with its enormous piles of heavy snow and ice as my back screamed for salvation from that beast. Can I get an Amen.

Me. Bundled up. It's cold outside.

The shrub beside the driveway. I thought it was pretty

This is the driveway.. notice the faint tire treads that end at the bottom of the picture. This is where I tried to get up the driveway the first night... yah, right. And then about 5 inches of snow fell on top of my tracks.

Another look at the road, going across the bottom of the driveway.... the snow plow sure made my shoveling job more difficult.

Yah, THESE cars weren't going anywhere.

The back sidewalk around the house is hardly distinguishable from the ground beside it. Remember, there is about a 2 foot drop between the ground and the sidewalk - was a 2 foot drop.

Inside it's warm though...

Zach getting a bath in the sink.

Conner sitting with Papa-T

The Christmas tree shines

Presents... for days... and days...

Jennifer (Aunt Jenny Pooh) with Zach

Zach proffering a big grin for daddy

At Mom-Bon's house. Bill and Trudie's dog liked Zach

Conner man with the Rudolph sweater on

Nobody is safe from the camera! Mom-Bon with her tongue out.

Zach decided we were staying up entirely too late and he checked out on us.

Conner holding onto blue bear for Zach

I believe Mom's sweatshirt defines what Conner got for Christmas

okay, that's it... part 2 coming soon.
You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in. - Arlo Guthrie
brad
Uber Orbs of Retardidity
Uber Orbs of Retardidity

Postby LilsisTeague on Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:11 pm

Nice pictures...I wish the lighting in our living room were better. It seems like every year the pictures of the Christmas tree with presents look extremely yellow.

I still can't believe all that snow. I just hope we don't have another one ANY time soon...at least not quite as bad. I like snow but that was ridiculous. ::Bleh::
LilsisTeague
Orbs of Retardidity Lvl 3
Orbs of Retardidity  Lvl 3

Postby brad on Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:52 pm

LilsisTeague wrote:Nice pictures...I wish the lighting in our living room were better. It seems like every year the pictures of the Christmas tree with presents look extremely yellow.

Well, I can adjust for it a little on the camera, and/or adjust it on the picture after the fact... however, remember as well.. the walls ARE painted yellow. That will affect it also.
You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in. - Arlo Guthrie
brad
Uber Orbs of Retardidity
Uber Orbs of Retardidity

Return to Brad's Photos