2005-08-20 - GenCon Trip (15 pics)

This forum is for sharing the photographs I take of Conner, Zach, Anita, me and other family members, or any other things I take pictures of, I suppose.

2005-08-20 - GenCon Trip (15 pics)

Postby brad on Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:12 pm

These pictures were taken the weekend that we went to GenCon. Four of us drove up to the convention (David DeHart, Brian King, Jayson Harvey, and me). We had a great time! It was a very cool convention and though there was tons and tons and tons of stuff to see and do, I didn't take pictures of hardly anything. It got old toting the camera around and I was too distracted to remember to ever take pictures.

Anyway, here are some of the few pictures I did take.

Some people even put their cars into costume!

This is what it looked like from where I walked in the front door of the exhibition hall. It's not a very good panaroma, because I didn't have overlapping sections, but it should give you an idea.

Some crazy charity event where they were allowing anyone to come in and stack cards and then on Sunday of the conference you could bring in coins to throw at the card structures and the coins went to charity.

Another of the card stacking thing

We saw many Star Wars costumes... here a bounty hunter and storm trooper unite

An entire room full of nothing but role playing games being played. This was the RPGA (Role Playing Game Association) official gaming room (by room, I mean giant conference center hall room)

We saw some other *cough* interesting *cough* costumes too...

...she used duck tape to hold her top on.. and the skirt is bubble wrap...most interesting indeed...Hey, at least she recycles!

Blizzard brought one of their Night Elves with them.

Wizards of the Coast was doing a huge promotion for their new Axis and Allies miniatures game. Yes, this is a real tank.. in the exhibit hall, and yes, it was one of TWO tanks, and only one of the FIVE vehicles they brought in for display in their "booth".

...and don't ask me what Jayson is doing.. I'm still not sure. I just took the picture

Finally got someone to take a picture of all of us together.

Indianapolis has all these weird people statues downtown. Very "artsy" ... I guess.

It was hot, .......and bright.

Here, we vetoed smiling for the camera.

This was a cool statue right downtown in Indi.

Here's a close-up of the base of the statue with more of those weird people statues
You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in. - Arlo Guthrie
brad
Uber Orbs of Retardidity
Uber Orbs of Retardidity

Return to Brad's Photos