2005-09-03 - Dragon Con pictures (10 pics)

This forum is for sharing the photographs I take of Conner, Zach, Anita, me and other family members, or any other things I take pictures of, I suppose.

2005-09-03 - Dragon Con pictures (10 pics)

Postby brad on Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:32 pm

Dave and I went to Dragon Con to try and drum up business for Monster Tiles. Unfortunately, the trip was kind of a bust for business, but it was an interesting convention to go see.. that's for sure. For every 1 person at GenCon in a costume, there were probably 30 at DragonCon. It was almost overwhelming....and ...strange even...

Anyway, here are some pictures I got while we were there.

The costume parade was lining up as we walked up to one of the hotels where there were events being held...

Super Heroes were a big theme.

Apparently, super heroes need smoke breaks

My absoulte favorite set of costumes at the convention... this whole family dressed up as the Incredibles. Notice though, their oldest son decided he wanted to be Spider-man instead. Considering the older child in the incredibles was a girl, we thought the kid made a good decision.

Some girl was modeling the classic "chain mail bikini".

We saw a couple of chewbaccas and the guys were actually about 8 feet tall. Both guys we saw as chewbacca were using those small stilts which were hidden inside the costume's legs. It was a very cool effect.

Who ever said the Empire wasn't an Equal Opportunity Employer

Lucas really should have reconsidered his single-gendered minions

Here was Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the girl was something that I'm not familiar with, but she had the doll of the character with her.

We ran into a Night Elf in front of us in line at Dairy Queen.
You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in. - Arlo Guthrie
brad
Uber Orbs of Retardidity
Uber Orbs of Retardidity

Postby LilsisTeague on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:54 am

Nice. I had to show Richard and he really like the super-hero smoke break. So did I. The freaky unknown character looks similar to a sucubus. I dunno.

Oh yeah, interesting Night Elf. Love her tiger.

Looks like it was probably tons of fun.
LilsisTeague
Orbs of Retardidity Lvl 3
Orbs of Retardidity  Lvl 3

Postby brad on Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:10 am

LilsisTeague wrote:Oh yeah, interesting Night Elf. Love her tiger.

Yah, I didn't notice when I took the picture that I didn't get her ears in the picture. She was at just the right angle where they didn't show up I guess, but she had on some big pointy foam ears that came out the back of her head and looked like a night elf's ears.
You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in. - Arlo Guthrie
brad
Uber Orbs of Retardidity
Uber Orbs of Retardidity

Return to Brad's Photos