Trees 0: Mother Nature 3

This forum is for posting your own family photos, pictures from holiday gatherings, new babies, the kids, the adults, you name it. Please come in and share.

Trees 0: Mother Nature 3

Postby LilsisTeague on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:28 pm

I just figured I'd share a few pictures of the wonderful things mother nature brings.

First, Jennifer noticed a *limb* (in comparison) had fallen at Mama T and Papa T's house that had slightly scrathed her and Jesse's truck.

I called Richard later that night to finalize some plans for Sunday and he informed me that the wind had been strong enough to split one of our trees apart. Luckily, it was a tree we had wanted to cut down anyway because it has been infested with birds that are a large nusiance.

It was nice for us that it fell into the yard and not on the house or into the driveway (even though there were no cars there at the time) so we were still rather fortunate about losing so much of a tree.

Unfortunately, one of our neighbors was not quite as lucky. This morning, they lost their van under a fallen tree. The weird thing is that there was no storm going when it fell. The neighbor pointed out that at least he only lost the van and it didn't touch his truck. I guess its good when you can put a positive spin on it.

I pointed out to Richard that he must have had some very good tires because as you can see, they didn't pop under all that pressure.

LilsisTeague
Orbs of Retardidity Lvl 3
Orbs of Retardidity  Lvl 3

Postby brad on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:31 am

Man, that van, ... wow.

By the way, don't be too hasty on the chopping down of the tree. Guage carefully the amount of shade it provides your house or suddenly you'll find yourself paying higher utility bills and having no shade during the peak daylight hours. Your house faces south I think, and that's pretty much the only tree right in front of your house blocking the daylight hours rays isn't it?

Besides, birds just move to new trees. Hey, they might pick one next to your bedroom if you make them move .... like our birds =(
You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in. - Arlo Guthrie
brad
Uber Orbs of Retardidity
Uber Orbs of Retardidity

Postby LilsisTeague on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:34 pm

We have one matching tree in the front yard on the other side. And I wouldn't mind them as bad over by the bedroom...they wouldn't mess on my car non-stop. It needs to be washed after evrey single time I visit. I even park as far away from the tree and they seem to hit it within a few hours.
LilsisTeague
Orbs of Retardidity Lvl 3
Orbs of Retardidity  Lvl 3

Return to Post Your Photos