Addition to the family

This forum is for posting your own family photos, pictures from holiday gatherings, new babies, the kids, the adults, you name it. Please come in and share.

Addition to the family

Postby LilsisTeague on Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:58 pm

Today, Richard and I made 4 additions to our family. We had already decided that we were going to have a cat...or maybe two because they do better in pairs. When we went to look at the cats today at a supply store in Madisonville, we fell in love with them. There were 4 kittens and a grown cat in the cage and we just didn't have the heart to turn down any of the kittens so we decided to bring home all four. I'm sure we are going to be wondering what the heck we've done before long, but while they are still new to us and cute and young....we are loving it.

I'm going to use the general term "he" or "him" when referring to the cats because we don't know the gender of any of them yet.

This is Dante. Richard said first thing looking in the cage that he loved (and wanted) the black one.

As you can see, they are already bonding.

This guy is my favorite. His name is Arbee. Said like Arby's, without the S. I decided I wanted to call him RB because those are Richard's initials and this kitty was my favorite. This isn't the best picture of him but he just won't stand still for anything.

This little guy is Beta. He's very shy (so far). He's also very talkative and meows all the time. It's cute.

Here are where the cats love to hide out. Behind the couch. Apparently, Richard and I have been missing out on all the wonders that this tiny little area has to offer. These two reminded me very much of Brad and Anita's cats (Neo and Morpheus) when we first saw them, by the way the reacted to each other. The orange one is Celi and the grey one is Beta.

As far as the names go we have Arbee, Beta, Celi, and Dante. I picked out all four names and Richard just agreed to them. I told him I wanted them to have A,B,C,D names and so they do. I was just going off of his original suggestion though because he wanted to name them Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta. It cracked me up.

Anyway, just wanted to share a few pictures of our new family additions.
Last edited by LilsisTeague on Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
LilsisTeague
Orbs of Retardidity Lvl 3
Orbs of Retardidity  Lvl 3

Postby brad on Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:24 am

Cute little guys. Be ready for trouble ;)
You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in. - Arlo Guthrie
brad
Uber Orbs of Retardidity
Uber Orbs of Retardidity

Postby LilsisTeague on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:44 am

I can already tell that they are going to be trouble. Especially the solid black (Dante). He already asserted his authority with the other kitties this morning at breakfast when he let them know that he's the only one allowed near food or water when he's there.
LilsisTeague
Orbs of Retardidity Lvl 3
Orbs of Retardidity  Lvl 3

Postby Jennifer on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:41 pm

And just think, Dante is the one we think is a girl. To use Jesse's very clever pun, girls can be so "catty".
Jennifer
Orbs of Retardidity Lvl 0
Orbs of Retardidity Lvl 0

Return to Post Your Photos